Our School Curriculum
At St Michael's Junior Church School we believe that a school curriculum should be broad and balanced, offering children the opportunity to achieve success in many different areas. Our curriculum delivers the 2014 National Curriculum but there are other planned opportunities that make up the wider curriculum. We are using Curriculum Maestro to ensure these opportunities are relevant and that the coverage also allows logical connections between different subjects and the 10 big ideas.
The whole school follow timetabled Maths and English lessons each and every day and for the most part in the mornings. Afternoon sessions usually will a topic approach as teachers implement knowledge rich cornerstones curriculum projects as well as discrete subject such as Computing, PE and RE.
There will more to come about our updated curriculum offer throughout this academic year.
- Calculation policy Subtraction V3.pdf
- Progression doc - multiplication.pdf
- Calculation policy Addition V3.pdf
- Agreed Mathematical Language insert for progression policy 2017.pdf
- ncetm_spine3_overview fractions.pdf
- Progression-doc (TfW).pdf
- spelling and Grammar overview year 5 and 6.docx
- spelling and grammar skills year 3 and 4.docx
We believe that all children deserve an education rich in wonder and memorable experience. One that allows children's natural creativity and curiosity to flourish, alongside the purposeful acquisition of skills and knowledge. We believe that an education that does all of this gives children the best chance to become well-rounded, happy individuals, ready to succeed in an ever-changing world.
- All projects follow a rigorous skills and knowledge progression framework. This provides clear subject endpoints matched to the national curriculum.
- The Knowledge-rich Projects offer full subject coverage for geography, history, science, art and design and design and technology.
- We use an online coverage checker to monitor intended and actual subject coverage and progression in our curriculum.
- All projects come with a knowledge organiser, including key subject vocabulary.