Our Aims, Ethos and Values
As a Church school, we believe each person is made in the image of God. We strive to reflect the love of God, love of life and love of learning in all that we do.
We are currently reviewing our vision with all our stakeholders.
As a church school, we are closely aligned with the Church of England Vision for Education. At the heart of this vision is Jesus’s promise of ‘life in all its fullness.’ It is a vision for the common good of the whole school community, one in which all may flourish. It involves:
Educating for wisdom, knowledge and skills: enabling discipline, confidence and delight in seeking wisdom and knowledge, and developing talents in all areas of life.
Educating for hope and aspiration: enabling healing, repair and renewal, coping wisely when things go wrong, opening horizons and guiding people into ways of fulfilling them.
We aim to be:
- Compassionate, creative and offer friendship, forgiveness and trust.
- Hardworking and learn from our mistakes.
- Respectful of one another and are thankful for diversity.
- We persevere through challenges and are humble in success.
- We seek inspiration in ourselves, our peers, our communities and the world.
- We hope for peace, knowledge and wisdom.
- We believe together we can!
At St Michael’s our aim is that our children have opportunity to:
- To achieve the full potential of each child in all aspects of school life.
- To develop each child’s social, emotional and spiritual needs in accordance with the school’s Christian foundation.
- To promote in each child a sense of self-worth; respecting others and the environment.
- To enable each child to have confidence in their own abilities.
- To enable each child to collaborate and interact with others with sensitivity, understanding, creativity and confidence.
- To enable each child to be creative and to strive towards what they know to be right and true, understanding their own part in the world.
The school believes that each child will succeed through experiencing high quality in:
- A broad and balanced education where curriculum provision is matched to the individual's ability.
- A calm, caring secure and stimulating learning environment.
- An atmosphere of respect and value for others and the environment.
- The excellence of teaching.
- An ethos of support and encouragement and the valuing of everyone’s skills and contributions.
- A rich, varied, contemporary and valid range of learning resources.
- Learning partnerships between school, home and the community.
Our commitment to working as a learning community is demonstrated by:
- Working together as a team towards common goals, recognising and valuing each individual's skills and contributions.
- Striving for continuous improvement in all aspects of school life.
- Earning Investor in People status, and the respect of the wider school community.
- Embracing change as an opportunity for development.