Our Aims, Ethos and Values
As a Church school, we believe each person is made in the image of God. We strive to reflect the love of God, love of life and love of learning in all that we do.
We aim to be:
- Compassionate, creative and offer friendship, forgiveness and trust.
- Hardworking and learn from our mistakes.
- Respectful of one another and are thankful for diversity.
- We persevere through challenges and are humble in success.
- We seek inspiration in ourselves, our peers, our communities and the world.
- We hope for peace, knowledge and wisdom.
- We believe together we can!
At St Michael’s our aim is that our children have opportunity to:
- To achieve the full potential of each child in all aspects of school life.
- To develop each child’s social, emotional and spiritual needs in accordance with the school’s Christian foundation.
- To promote in each child a sense of self-worth; respecting others and the environment.
- To enable each child to have confidence in their own abilities.
- To enable each child to collaborate and interact with others with sensitivity, understanding, creativity and confidence.
- To enable each child to be creative and to strive towards what they know to be right and true, understanding their own part in the world.
The school believes that each child will succeed through experiencing high quality in:
- A broad and balanced education where curriculum provision is matched to the individual's ability.
- A calm, caring secure and stimulating learning environment.
- An atmosphere of respect and value for others and the environment.
- The excellence of teaching.
- An ethos of support and encouragement and the valuing of everyone’s skills and contributions.
- A rich, varied, contemporary and valid range of learning resources.
- Learning partnerships between school, home and the community.
Our commitment to working as a learning community is demonstrated by:
- Working together as a team towards common goals, recognising and valuing each individual's skills and contributions.
- Striving for continuous improvement in all aspects of school life.
- Earning Investor in People status, and the respect of the wider school community.
- Embracing change as an opportunity for development.
St Michael’s Children’s Promise
Together we grow and share
We love making stuff
We are friendly, forgiving and show respect
Together we learn and care
We try hard and aren’t big headed
Together we laugh and trust
We look around us for help if we need it
And inside ourselves we hope for peace
Believing together we can